Hi, I am Nichelle Swanepoel, nice to meet you! I am the writer and content creator on this blog and I also work with brands as a consultant and designer.
I often attend events, create content or report for brands.
I’m available for collaboration and advertising. I look forward to publishing exciting stories from the road, reviews of the places I visit, food I eat, things I do, or events I attend.
I will, however, not publish what I do not believe in and if your product or service has room for improvement, I will mention so. To you first.
WHAT WORKS FOR ME:
- ADVENTURE SPORT: I am not a pro adventure athlete by a long shot, but I can ride a bike, catch a ball, hike, swim, stretch, jump and climb.
- ADVENTURE: camping, exploring, road tripping.
- FOOD – real food. I struggle to feel inspired by pretentious food lost on a plate, unless it has a great view from the dinner table or good wine. Or both. Whiskey too. And gin.
- ART AND MUSIC (in all forms, shapes and sizes)
- CITIES AND THE GREAT OUTDOOR in equal measure – Boats, bakeries, art galleries, a promenade, rooftop tents, cute rooftop apartments, land rovers, trains, the bush, the ocean, mountain tops, valleys, alleys (I manage a combo of heels and hills just fine).
- REAL PRODUCTS – I am not an uber girly, girl. I am more about health and comfort than beauty and trends but travel with good skin and haircare, sunscreen and a tad of make up. And a dress or two. And always with sneakers. Give me real product, functional gadgets and practical fashion.
- Female solo travel (I am happily married, but often adventure all by myself)
- Independent travel
WHAT DOES NOT WORK FOR ME:
- Too much structure. Give me some serendipity with a pinch of “c’est la vie”.
Sounds like we can work together? Great! Send me a mail.
I also do marketing and graphic design work, to see some of my work, visit www.digitalniche.co.za
Brands I have worked with.
www.dearniche.com is a collection of my adventures, inspired and fuelled by the need to take a chance, embracing what is around me and the desire to live an adventurous life (even if it simply means trying a cup of Kopi Luwak in the office) It is about testing boundaries and trying new things.
I have been inspired by stories of exploration and adventure since I was very young. I am not planning on giving up on the chase just yet.